Analyze 3 family integrated, neuropromotional activities appropriate for babies with NAS/NOWs.
- This activity has been submitted to the Ohio Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Ohio Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)
- This activity will be submitted the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 2.0 CCUs for PTs and PTAs.
- Creative Therapy Consultants is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. This activity has been applied for 2.0 contact hours/.2 CEUs.
*Partial credit for course will not be given.
Getting Beyond the NAS Diagnosis: Promoting Infant & Family Development, Kara Ann Waitzman, OTR/L, CNT, NTMTC
This course will provide learners with updated knowledge of the opioid epidemic, NAS diagnosis, assessment tools, treatment approaches and how to adapt care to optimize infant development and family involvement. Specific infant-driven caregiving activities such as swaddled bathing, feeding, neonatal massage, skin-to-skin holding, positioning and handling and developmental play activities are just a few of the neuropromotional activities reviewed to promote self-regulation, sleep, feeding, and infant-family attachment.
- Unit One: Putting Humanity Back in Healthcare | 3 minutes
- Unit Two: Have the Courage: Use the Power You Possess | 20 minutes
- Unit Three: Effects of Opioids: How We Got There | 19 minutes
- Unit Four: Treatment Approaches: The Movement Away from Drugs | 13 minutes
- Unit Five: The Human Connection: The Power of Touch | 13 minutes
- Unit Six: Infant-Driven Care: Therapeutic Activities | 26 minutes
- Unit Seven: Putting it into Practice: Non-Pharmacological Caregiving | 32 minutes
KARA ANN WAITZMAN, OTR/L, CNT, NTMTC
Kara Ann has been a neonatal therapist for over 35 years in a large Level IIIB NICU where she serves as the developmental specialist and a occupational therapist. She is president of Creative Therapy Consultants, Founder of the (NTMC), and Original Co-Founder of Infant-Driven Feeding® and Original Co-Developer of the Infant-Driven Feeding Scales©. She holds several certifications including NTMTC, NDT, NIDCAP, and CNT. Kara Ann has received professional awards including the Ohio Occupational Therapy Pediatric Model Practice Award, the March of Dimes Healthcare Worker of the Year Award, the MVH Excellence in Service Award and the Inaugural Pioneer in Neonatal Therapy Award from the National Association of Neonatal Therapists.
Access Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Disclosures here.
Registration fee for Getting Beyond the NAS Diagnosis: Promoting Infant & Family Development is $100.00 for individuals. Significant group discounts are available for large numbers of staff or whole NICUs. If interested in the group discount, give us a call toll free at 855-CTC-NTMC or send us an email at email@example.com
Access our cancellation policy here
Registration opens on September 5, 2022