Neonatal Touch & Massage Certification
Welcome to the first and only Neonatal Touch & Massage Certification (NTMC®), designed exclusively for neonatal healthcare providers just like you!
The NTMC® has been developed with a 3-fold purpose: To help NICU babies, families, and staff. It’s all about maximizing positive long-term development of the infant and giving families the interaction and tools to bond with their infant.
Note: Three (3) or more applicants, from the same facility, applying for the NTMC are eligible for a 10% discount off registration fees. Applicants must apply together in order to quality for the 10% discount. Be sure to check with your associates, managers, and other departments that you think may be interested in this great opportunity!
The Certification has three phases:
Phase I – Application and Registration
Complete and submit the application, including a copy of your current license and the validation form verifying 1000 hours worked in the NICU or SCN.
Once accepted, you will register and receive an NTMC identification number and instructions on how to proceed to Phase II.
Phase II – On-Line Education
Complete 15 hours of On-Line Training and pass each exam with a minimum score of 80%. This phase may be completed within four (4) months, but could be completed in as little as two (2) days. 19 CEUs are available from the California Board of Registered Nurses.
Phase III – Hands-On Training
Attend a 2-day (Therapists) or 1-day (Nurses) Hands-On Training and pass final exam. CEUs are provided for RN, OT, and PT professionals for Phase III only.
Phase III – Dates & Locations for 2013:
- February 8 & 9, 2013 Fort Worth, TX Download Brochure Completed!
- March 1 & 2, 2013 Issaquah, WA(near Seattle) Download Brochure Completed!
- June 13 & 14, 2013 Dayton, OH Download Brochure Registration Now Open
- September 14 – 15, 2013 Madison, WI Download Brochure Registration Now Open
- October 7 – 8, 2013 Fresno, CA Download Brochure Registration now Open
- October 10 – 11, 2013 Loma Linda, CA Download Brochure Full
- November 7 – 8, 2013 San Antonio, TX Download Brochure Registration now Open
The Neonatal Touch & Massage Certification® is designed for neonatal occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech language pathologists, and registered nurses with a minimum of 1000 hours experience in the neonatal intensive care unit or special care nursery.
A few of the many benefits of becoming certified include:
- NTMTC (therapists) or NTMNC (nurses) credentials for professional signature!
- Knowledge, skill and expertise in a highly specialized field of neonatal care!
- Ability to provide the latest practices in neonatal touch & massage!
- Opportunity to learn from experts throughout the United States & Canada!