Neonatal Touch & Massage Certification
Welcome to the first and only Neonatal Touch & Massage Certification (NTMC®), designed exclusively for neonatal healthcare providers just like you!
The NTMC® has been developed with a 3-fold purpose: To help NICU babies, families, and staff. It’s all about maximizing positive long-term development of the infant and giving families the interaction and tools to bond with their infant.
Note: Three (3) or more applicants (any combination of OT/PT/SLP/RN), from the same facility, applying for the NTMC are eligible for a 10% discount off registration fees. Applicants must apply together in order to qualify for the 10% discount. Be sure to check with your associates, managers, and other departments that you think may be interested in this great opportunity!
The Certification has three phases:
Phase I – Application and Registration
Complete and submit the application, including a copy of your current license and the validation form verifying 1000 hours worked in the NICU or SCN. NTMC Registration is now open for 2017. Apply and register now as space is limited!
Once accepted, you will register and receive an NTMC identification number and instructions on how to proceed to Phase II.
Phase II – On-Line Education
Complete 15 hours of On-Line Training and pass each exam with a minimum score of 80%. This phase may be completed within four (4) months, but could be completed in as little as two (2) days. 18 CEUs are available from the California Board of Registered Nurses provider #15417. 15 CEUs are available for Physical Therapists from several states, and for Occupational Therapists from Ohio Occupational Therapy Association!
Phase III – Hands-On Training
Attend a 2-day (Therapists) or 1-day (Nurses) Hands-On Training and pass final exam. CEUs are provided for RN, OT, and PT professionals for Phase III.
Dates & Locations for 2016 are SOLD OUT, but we are Accepting Applications Now for 2017 NTMC!
- March 2, 3, & 4, 2016 – Minneapolis, MN Sold Out- Completed
- April 29 & 30, 2016 – San Antonio, TX Sold Out- Completed
- May 20 & 21, 2016 – Seattle-Renton, WA Sold Out- Completed
- June 16 & 17, 2016 – Anchorage, AK Sold Out- Completed
- July 15 & 16, 2016 – Voorhees, NJ SOLD OUT!
- September 10 & 11, 2016 – Fort Collins, CO SOLD OUT!
- October 15 & 16, 2016 – Charlotte, NC SOLD OUT
- November 18 & 19, 2016 – Rockford, IL
2017 NTMC SCHEDULE
- February 1 & 2, 2017 – Minneapolis, MN Brochure Coming Soon! Registration Opens November 1, 2016.
- February 6 & 7, 2017 – Madison, WI Brochure Coming Soon! Registration Opens November 1, 2016.
- March 24 & 25, 2017 – Houston, TX Brochure Coming Soon! Registration Opens January 14, 2017.
- May 11 & 12, 2017 – Portland, OR Brochure Coming Soon! Registration Opens January 14, 2017.
- October 6 & 7, 2017 – Cleveland, OH Brochure Coming Soon!
The Neonatal Touch & Massage Certification® is designed for neonatal occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech language pathologists, and registered nurses with a minimum of 1000 hours experience in the neonatal intensive care unit or special care nursery.
A few of the many benefits of becoming certified include:
- NTMTC (therapists) or NTMNC (nurses) credentials for professional signature!
- Application of skills you can use immediately in your daily practice in the NICU!
- Knowledge, skill and expertise in a highly specialized field of neonatal care!
- Ability to provide the latest practices in neurodevelopment care as well as neonatal touch & massage!
- Opportunity to learn from experts throughout the United States & Canada!