Neonatal Touch & Massage Certification
Welcome to the first and only Neonatal Touch & Massage Certification (NTMC®), designed exclusively for neonatal healthcare providers just like you!
The NTMC® has been developed with a 3-fold purpose: To help NICU babies, families, and staff. It’s all about maximizing positive long-term development of the infant and giving families the interaction and tools to bond with their infant.
Note: Three (3) or more applicants (any combination of OT/PT/SLP/RN), from the same facility, applying for the NTMC are eligible for a 10% discount off registration fees. Applicants must apply together in order to qualify for the 10% discount. Be sure to check with your associates, managers, and other departments that you think may be interested in this great opportunity!
The Certification has three phases:
Phase I – Application and Registration
Complete and submit the application, including a copy of your current license and the validation form verifying 1000 hours worked in the NICU or SCN. Registration opens on April 22, 2015 for the Michigan and Ohio NTMCs and July 1, 2015 for the Delaware, California, and Utah NTMCs. Plan to register on those dates, as space is limited!
Once accepted, you will register and receive an NTMC identification number and instructions on how to proceed to Phase II.
Phase II – On-Line Education
Complete 15 hours of On-Line Training and pass each exam with a minimum score of 80%. This phase may be completed within four (4) months, but could be completed in as little as two (2) days. 19 CEUs are available from the California Board of Registered Nurses provider #15417. 15 CEUs are available for Physical Therapists from several states, and for Occupational Therapists from Ohio Occupational Therapy Association!
Phase III – Hands-On Training
Attend a 2-day (Therapists) or 1-day (Nurses) Hands-On Training and pass final exam. CEUs are provided for RN, OT, and PT professionals for Phase III.
Dates & Locations for 2015:
- May 11 & 12, 2015 Flint, Michigan Click Here for Brochure!
- July 31 & August 1, 2015 Cincinnati, Ohio Click Here for Brochure!
- August 27 & 28, 2015 Newark, Delaware Brochure Coming Soon
- October 22 & 23, 2015 Loma Linda, California Click Here for Brochure!
- October 30 & 31, 2015 Salt Lake City, Utah Brochure Coming Soon
Dont’ see a date or location that works for you? Contact us about Hosting NTMC at your hospital in 2015! It will be the easiest course you’ve ever hosted, we do the work, you get the discount! Contact us at Karawaitzman@infantdriven.com to learn more!
The Neonatal Touch & Massage Certification® is designed for neonatal occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech language pathologists, and registered nurses with a minimum of 1000 hours experience in the neonatal intensive care unit or special care nursery.
A few of the many benefits of becoming certified include:
- NTMTC (therapists) or NTMNC (nurses) credentials for professional signature!
- Application of skills you can use immediately in your daily practice in the NICU!
- Knowledge, skill and expertise in a highly specialized field of neonatal care!
- Ability to provide the latest practices in neurodevelopment care as well as neonatal touch & massage!
- Opportunity to learn from experts throughout the United States & Canada!